Designed for fast and reliable remote contribution across IP & 3G/4G.
Prodys, IKusNet. Overview.IkusNet is the product that changes everything about the way that News contribution is accomplished. With Ikusnet you have the choice of sending live News via satellite or the Internet. Ikusnet integrates all the functionality of an ENG van into an extremely compact portable package.
When you send live News using the Internet, you can adapt to varying network conditions using advanced technology developed by Prodys from many years experience with optimizing IP protocols and algorithms such as H.264. Of course Ikusnet also supports live satellite transmission using its DVB-ASI interface, or you can store your material on local SD card storage for transmission to the base station at a later time.
The best aspect of Ikusnet is that it’s not only a transmission unit but, also has all the functionality of a News gathering suite; with two video monitors and illuminated control touch pad you have all the tools you need at your finger tips for News production.
Prodys, IKusNet. Feature List.
- H.264 bidirectional real-time encoding/decoding starting at low bit-rates.
- Internet and satellite transmission and interfaces.
- File store and forward using removable SD cards.
- Automatic connection to base station through Internet.
- Interface for 3.5G mobile Internet connection.
- 12V power feed.
- Two foldable video monitors with selectable inputs.
- Program and order/talkback audio channels.
- Menu touchpad with configurable operational presets.
Prodys, IKusNet. Specification.
- 2 switchable video inputs for Program External monitor output.
- Broadcast BNC connectors.
- H.264 standard encoding with selectable bit-rates starting at low bit rates.
- Selectable frame-rate and spatial resolution.
- Selectable bit-rate to optimize transmission quality network conditions SD and HD compatible.
- Factory and custom encoding presets for fast operation.
- Genlock input on Ikusnet Studio.
- Internal audio mixer.
- 2 x audio mic/line inputs from Program & Talkback.
- Embedded audio can be selected for Program encoding Balanced broadcast XLR connectors – SubD connectors on Ikusnet Studio.
- Dual headphone 6.35 jack connectors for feedback output Flat surface rotary audio level controls for inputs and outputs PSTN interface for TalkBack.
- 2 x 16:9, 4.5″ foldable monitors with selectable inputs.
- 2 x RJ-45 10/100/1000BT Ethernet connector.
- DVB-ASI 270Mbps program output 3 x USB 2.0 connectors for peripherals.
- SD removable storage media up to 64GB.
- Simultaneous recording during live transmission.
- 12V external feed.
- Intuitive and fast touchscreen dynamic menu (Ikusnet).
- NAS and MAM customer integration for Ikusnet ST.
- Network monitoring tools.
Dimensions and weight
- 270x260x115mm (WxDxH)
- 4Kgms approx.