Prodys new Studio Based Rackmount last generation IP Audio Codec with two stereo channels and optional ISDN
Can be interfaced to All Quantum Handheld portables and replaces the Prontonet family of products
Quantum ST. Overview.
Quantum ST is a rack mount base station for the Quantum IP portable codec. It can also act as a stand alone stereo codec as an alternatively product to the original Prontonet family of products. Quantum ST is a powerful new-generation 1U rack mount IP audio codec that inherits world-class IP technology from the Prodys Ikusnet Video Codec Family and the ProntoNet Audio Codec Family.
Its main application is to receive, decode and store audio streams from remote Quantum Portable units. But Quantum ST is not just a decoder, it is also capable of encoding two stereo audio channels back to the remote Quantum Portable codec or to other Quantum ST codec. With the addition of a TA card (fitted at order), the unit becomes capable of handling ISDN and a good replacement for the older Prontonet codec.
This unit can be controlled from its built-in web graphical interface, its front panel display menu, or from the ProdysControlPlus application. [/lead]
Quantum ST. Feature List.
- Available with One or Two Stereo Audio Inputs/Outputs available to be encoded and streamed.
- Analog and Digital (AES/EBU) outputs and inputs.
- Supports Mpeg1/2 LayerII, AAC, apt-X, G711/G722, OPUS and PCM.
- Inherits world-class IP technology from the Prodys Audio/Video codec family:
– Automatic Jitter buffer. This adjustable buffer avoids audio dropouts in the IP connection.
– Automatic synchronisation adjustment with the transmitter site rate, to give a constant delay in IP communications.
– Prodys NAT Traversal Streaming Protocol permits router firewall pass-through with zero configuration.
– Prodys Real time Network Analyser to monitor critical network parameters in real time during the connection.
– FEC (Forward Error Correction). Up to 24 different schemes are available, to fit to the desired delay and available bandwidth.
– Error Concealment mechanisms on Mpeg audio modes are supported to reduce the impact of packet losses.
- 2 x Ethernet interfaces: Either to split streaming and control or for bonding 2 IP links.
- Wi-Fi interface 802.11b/g/n compatible Bonding with Ethernet.
- IP Compatibility: SIP/SAP/SDP/RTP/STUN protocols are supported according to the standard defined by the N/ACIP project within the EBU group.
- Local or remotely (TCP/IP) upgrading of one or several units at once using the same utility. Factory software upgrades can be downloaded.
- User friendly interface via touch panel, built-in Web Server or ProdysControlPlus application.
- User Access Control to define different access restrictions in a per user basis.
- Configuration presets to define different configurations for all or some specific parameters.
- Alarms: Real Time alarms management.
- Serial port to transmit/receive ancillary data along with the audio.
- GPIO port: 2 inputs/outputs. User configurable with multiple functions such as remote contact closures.
Quantum ST. Specification.
2 x AES/EBU Stereo Input/Output
- Available with one (XLR connectors) or two (Sub-D connectors) Input/Outputs
- AES/EBU: EIAJ CP-340 type I/IEC-958 Pro
- Rate Converter: 1:3 to 3:1
2 x Analogue Stereo Input/Output
- Available with one (XLR connectors) or two (Sub-D connectors) Input/Outputs.
- Maximum level: +22 dBu.
- Input Impedance: 20 Kohm.
- Output Impedance: 50 ohm
- PCM (16,20 & 24 bits)
- G722, G711 A/μ Law
- MPEG 1,2 Layer II
- Enhanced and Standard apt-X™
- MPEG AAC LC, LD, ELD & HE (optional)
- 2 Ethernet ports for bonding or splitting control and stream.
- 10/100BaseTx Ethernet, RJ45 connectors.
- TCP/UDP/IP, Multicast & Unicast.
- DHCP, SNMP, DNS, RIP, SNTP, SMTP, HTTP, IGMP, ICMP, VLAN.
- SIP/SDP/RTP/STUN comprising Tech 3326 EBU N/ACIP standard.
- FEC as per RFC 2733.
- Error Concealment.
- Prodys NAT Traversal Streaming Protocol.
GPIO and RS232 Ports
- 2 contact closure inputs and 2 relay outputs.
- User configurable. Remote contact closures.
- 1 serial port (DB9F connector)
- Tx and Rx of ancillary data along with the audio.
- 90 – 250VDC [@ 47-65Hz]. Power consumption less than 50W (average ~20W)
Dimensions & Weight
- 1U x 19” rack system: 43.4 x 482.5 x 295mm (H x W x D)
- Weight : 3 Kg.