Prodys Quantum XL Portable Audio Codec
Quantum XL. Overview.
Quantum XL is a powerful new portable IP audio codec with built-in audio mixer that extends the technology introduced in the existing Prodys Nomada codec family.
Quantum inherits world-class IP technology from the Prodys Ikusnet Video Codec Family: Automatic Jitter Buffer, Adaptive Bit rate, Bonding of up to 7 IP links (Ethernet, 3G/4G, Wifi) for secure audio streaming with the best possible audio quality.
A Wireless Communication Module will be available with up to four 3G/4G data links with bonding capabilities. This module is external for better reception and versatile installation options.
Up to 3 Stereo Audio Inputs (5 mic/line mono inputs) are available to be mixed, encoded and streamed in Stereo mode.
As an option, it is possible to replace the audio inputs for a Dante/AES67 interface. It can also include a decoder for H.264 IP video streams.
Quantum XL. Feature List.
- Up to 3 Stereo Audio Inputs available to be mixed, encoded and streamed in Stereo mode.
- Supports Mpeg1/2 LayerII, AAC, apt-X, G711/G722, OPUS and PCM.
- Inherits world-class IP technology from the Prodys Audio/Video codec family:
– Automatic Jitter buffer. This adjustable buffer avoids audio dropouts in the IP connection.
– Automatic synchronization adjustment with the transmitter site rate, to give a constant delay in IP communications.
– Prodys NAT Traversal Streaming Protocol permits router firewall pass-through with zero configuration.
– Prodys Real time Network Analyzer to monitor critical network parameters in real time during the connection.
– FEC (Forward Error Correction). Up to 24 different schemes are available, to fit to the desired delay and available bandwidth.
– Error Concealment mechanisms on Mpeg audio modes are supported to reduce the impact of packet losses.
- Bonding or Diversity with up to 7 IP links for secure audio streaming and the best audio quality possible.
- 2 x Ethernet interfaces: Either to split streaming and control or for bonding/diversity 2 IP links.
- 4 x 3G/4G IP data links with bonding capabilities. Internal modem or External 3G/4G module for better reception.
- Wi-Fi interface 802.11b/g/n compatible Bonding with Ethernet or 3G/4G.
- IP Compatibility: SIP/SDP/RTP/STUN protocols are supported according to the standard defined by the N/ACIP project within the EBU group.
- Local or remotely (TCP/IP) upgrading of one or several units at once using the same utility. Factory software upgrades can be downloaded.
- User friendly interface via touch panel, built-in Web Server or ProdysControlPlus application.
- User Access Control to define different access restrictions in a per user basis.
- Configuration presets to define different configurations for all or some specific parameters.
- Alarms: Real Time alarms management.
- Serial port to transmit/receive ancillary data along with the audio.
- GPIO port: 2 inputs/outputs. User configurable with multiple functions such as remote contact closures.
- Long duration battery with charge and status indications. It can be charged on system.
Quantum XL. Specification.5 x Mic/Line Audio Inputs
- XLR connectors.
- Electronically balanced inputs.
- Independent Level Control (local or remote).
- 48V Phantom powered.
1 USB Stereo Audio Input/output
4 Headphone stereo outputs
- 6,35 mm jack connectors.
- Independent Level Control.
- User configurable.
- Tx/Rx audio level balance control.
1 Aux Stereo Audio output
- XLR connectors.
- User configurable.
- PCM (16,20 & 24 bits)
- G722, G711 A/μ Law
- MPEG 1,2 Layer II
- Enhanced and Standard apt-X™
- MPEG AAC LC, LD, ELD & HE(optional)
- 2 Ethernet ports for bonding, diversity or splitting control and audio stream.
- 2 RJ45, 10/100/1000BaseTx Ethernet connectors.
- TCP/UDP/IP, Multicast & Unicast.
- DHCP, SNMP, DNS, RIP, SNTP, SMTP, HTTP, IGMP, ICMP, VLAN.
- SIP/SDP/RTP/STUN comprising Tech 3326 EBU N/ACIP standard.
- SIP Diversity with two IP interfaces according to Tech 3368 EBU N/ACIP standard.
- FEC as per RFC 2733.
- Error Concealment.
- Prodys NAT Traversal Streaming Protocol.
- Wi-Fi interface 802.11 b/g/n compatible.
- Available for bonding or diversity with Ethernet and/or 3G/4G.
- Streaming over 3G/4G networks with two options:
- 1 Internal modem and 2 USM modems.
- External Communications Module. with up to 4 3G/4G SIM cards.
GPIO and RS232 Ports
- 2 contact closure inputs and 2 relay outputs.
- User configurable. Remote contact closures.
- 1 serial port (DB9F connector)
- Tx and Rx of ancillary data along with the audio.
External Power Supply & Battery
- Input: 100-240VAC, 1.8A / Output: 19VDC, 3.42 A.
- Li-Pol battery pack (optional)
Dimensions & Weight
- Width: 270mm; Height: 88 mm; Depth: 235 mm.
- Weigth : 2.3 Kg.