Handheld 4 Channel Solid State Portable Recorder.
Marantz have announce their new low budget 4 channel handheld recorder.
Marantz PMD-561. Overview.
Marantz Low Cost 4 Channel Handheld Recorder – Available Now!
The PMD561 is a compact handheld professional-grade audio recorder that records directly onto SD/SDHC flash media. It’s compact and lightweight, yet it delivers audio recording quality of the very highest caliber, thanks to its sensitive stereo microphone arrangement and superior solid-state recording process. The PMD561 is intended for reporters, safety personnel, researchers, anyone who needs accurate, detailed, reliable in-field recordings. It’s ideal for situations where no-compromise recordings are required, but bulky equipment and separate microphones are not possible or appropriate.
Its hardware feature set includes an integrated high-quality stereo condenser microphone array for ‘point and shoot’ operation, switchable balanced mic/XLR line inputs, as well as unbalanced line outputs on RCA connectors and a secondary unbalanced line input on 3.5 mm mini jack connector.
Measuring just 6.7” x 4.1” x 1.6” (170 x 105 x 40mm) with a highly visible 128 x 64 dots matrix OLED (organic LED) display ensures ease of use wherever recording, playback or setup may be taking place. A high-resolution 24-bit / 96 kHz recording option means quality is never an issue when recording to the supplied SD flash card. Compatibility with SDHC media means cards up to 32 GB in size can be used. In addition, the new built in ‘SD Card Check’ makes it easy and convenient to insert any SD card and check compatibility. High capacity media storage is matched by seven hours recording time from four AA Alkaline / Ni-MH batteries. Drag-and-drop file transfer is supported via the USB port.
The new ‘Retake’ feature allows a simple button press to take you back though the previously recorded audio and create a drop-in point to overdub. This enables easy re-recording part way through unwanted takes ideal for dictation and electronic note gathering applications.
Applications include broadcast, electronic news gathering/journalism, DSLR video, sound effects capture, law enforcement, municipal and court recording, government and surveillance, musicians, dictation for law, medical, education, and meeting recording.
Marantz PMD-561. Feature List.
- Record professional-grade audio directly to stable and reliable SD/SDHC flash media
- Selectable stereo / mono / .WAV / MP3 recording
- 44.1, 48, and 96 kHz sample rates (WAV)
- Selectable 16- and 24-bit recording depths
- Six selectable sampling rates from 192 kbps to 32 kbps (MP3)
- S/PDIF Digital Input for connecting to studio interfaces and more
- (2) Balanced XLR Mic inputs with +48v phantom power
Marantz PMD-561. Specification.
- Storage: SD or SDHC card (max. size 64 GB)
- MP3 (MPEG Layer III compression 320, 256, 192, 128, 64, or 32 kbps)
- WAV (16- or 24-bit linear PCM)
- Sampling Rate: 44.1, 48, or 96 KHz
- Channels 2 (stereo) or 1 (mono)
- Frequency Response 20 Hz – 24 kHz (+1 dB)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio 65 dB (Mic); 85 dB (Line); IEC-A-weighted
- THD (@ 0 VU) 0.08% (Mic); 0.02% (Line)
- Dynamic Range 85 dB
- Maximum SPL: 110 dB
- Frequency range: 50Hz-20kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): 0.30%
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio (SNR): 60 dB (A-Weighted Curve @ 1kHz)
- Microphone (XLR) – Sensitivity: 1.2 mVrms / 4.2kΩ
- Line (1/4” / 6.35 mm) – Sensitivity: 0 dbu / 4.2kΩ
- Line 2 (1/8” / 3.5 mm) – Sensitivity: 500 mVrms / 20kΩ
- Line (RCA stereo) – Standard Level: 2.0V / 10kΩ
- Headphone (1/4” / 6.35 mm) – Standard Level: 16 mW / 32Ω
- Speaker (internal) – Standard Level: 450 mW / 8Ω
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C
- Storage Temperature: -4 to 158°F / -20 to 70°C
- Operating Humidity: 30–80%
- Power Adapter: 5 V DC, 1.5 A, center-positive
- Batteries: (4) AA batteries; approx. 7 hours of battery life
- Phantom Power: +48 V, 10 mA (maximum)
- Consumption: 4.2 W (DC, recording & playback)
- Dimensions (HWD): 6.7” x 4.1” x 1.6” (170 x 105 x 40mm)
- Weight (without batteries): 12.5 oz. (353g)